Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Festive season :)

Its time you can feel the holidays in the air. I haven't been able to update anything since I spent too much time cooking the delicacies for Diwali. Apart from the traditional Indian sweets and snacks, I did a cake for Diwali as well. In the wee hours of the night after the Poojan, this is what I came up with.





It was an eggless chocolate cake, with white buttercream icing and strawberry preserve filling. This icing was liked better than the older ones I have done, because it was all butter. It was a little tough to manage but I knew that once done it would stay put since it was getting colder outside :)
The decorations are all edible and made of fondant !
I hope you all had a wonderful time with friends and family, and so did I !
Looking forward to more festivities and the holidays! I'll be trying to post more often!

2 comments:

  1. Such a perfect cake for the occassion....hadn't seen anything like this before...It was really good Deepti...Love your cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing Deepti. Though I was privileged to personally witness quite a few but would have never imagined that you made so many of them. This Diwali cake is very innovative. Looking forward to many more and of course, an invitation to taste them as you always do:-)

    ReplyDelete